Monday 26 February 2024

Change of plan number 3

 Actually,  I have no ide how many plans I've had to change, and it definitely won't be the last!!

So the handbrake... the original place I wanted to put it would have been absolutely hideous to look at, to mount and to use. It's basically the wrong way round. If I wanted to have the good side of the handbrake visible, the action would have been wrong and the passenger would have been the better person to apply it. Not good at all.

So back to the other option, put it under the steering column. And to be honest, that's worked out quite well;







From a functional point of view it's pretty good, it can be operated from the drivers seat. It's just IVA now. The handle itself is not high enough to be in the exempted area behind the steering wheel (horizontal plane from the bottom of the steering wheel). It is 'blunted' but that may not be enough.

What is definitely not enough is the brackets, I need to cover them or round them off as they're just not suitable as is. That's not an issue though.

Next job is to route the cable into the transmission tunnel and down to the handbrake. I don't know if I can do it with only one pulley, it'll most likely be two to get to the back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment