Monday 18 March 2024

Fibreglass and wiring

 So one thing I've got to sort out is fixing the wire for the side repeaters, and possible the rear of the car. The guidelines say that it needs to be fixed a minimum of 300mm space, which means quite a few are needed. But just using adhesive pads isn't going to cut it with Mr IVA. 

I've asked this question before, and was pointed towards a mounting plate with a bolt welded in the centre. They're not cheap though, and I'd need maybe a dozen in total? But of course there's always a cheaper option. Strips of steel with a bolt welded in will do the same job, then I'll use fibreglass filler or similar to fix it to the body. 

As a reference, here's one that Toolstation stock https://www.toolstation.com/made4trade-backplate-for-euro-clips/p55986. But it uses an M10 bolt which is mega overkill for two wires! I can drop it down to M4 or M6 and still provide enough security for wiring. 

So I'll get some made up then figure out the positioning before fitting them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment