Monday 29 April 2024

Bonnet dilemma/decision

 It's early on a Monday, the coffee hasn't kicked in, and I'm already thinking about the bonnet...

So basically the plan had been to put a U shaped trim on the trailing edge of the bonnet. I think it will look quite tidy, and save my fingers from being glassed every time I open the bonnet.

But the HSR demo car doesn't do that;


It's just a bare seam. Now, it could probably be to do with it being a white car, but then it could also have been the plan all along. And now I'm wondering whether I should do the same.

The bonnet will be supported in the middle by a cross bar, I'll be cutting and welding that today with any luck. That cross bar will hold the two locking bolts on the top, to stop it wiggling side to side. Down the side will be rubber 'somethings' which will keep it's shape, and again another couple of locking bolts near the bottom (similar to the two locks in the picture above). Once all that's in place, I do still need to trim the bonnet. This trim will allow both the 'U trim' and the 'trimless' options. I guess I'll reserve my decision until then. 

Oh, and close inspection of that side view shows the bonnet bottom edge sits very slightly lower than the body, same as mine does. The seam for the side panel also lines up, possible a bit better than mine does but I'll find out soon enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment