Friday 3 May 2024

Gap fill panel folded

 

Well, the other fold worked a bit better, and it fits quite well. Now I need to profile the two ends to fit round the existing panels and chassis. Unfortunately using the multi tool and powerfile is quite noisy, so I need to think about other jobs to do. 

The lights are ordered so marking a cut line is needed for the headlamp assembly. I suspect a paper template will be appropriate to find the centre, but I can't cut the final shape until the bowls arrive. I can also screw the lights into place. 

One job I could do is glue the cable bases into the bonnet. Tiger Seal is great stuff, but it needs to be warm and a new nozzle is required each time. I'll do the same round the back too. I did have a plan of using small pieces of fibreglass and resin, but I think the Tiger Seal will be just as good and easier to apply. 

I do need to decide how much wiring will be attached to the body though. The front is easy, it makes sense to put the wiring connector near to the hinge. The rear has plenty of options though. I could put the connector in the boot and keep the wiring short, or I could put it near the front and fix most of the wire to the body. I think having the connector up front might be better to be honest. Either way the wiring will be coming down the drivers side between inner and outer panels. 

I also need to finish the riveting of the side panels, but that's also a bit noisy. While I am gluing the wiring bases I can cut the rubber for the bonnet support. But I also need to add the rivnuts before the rubber goes on. Hmm, looks like tomorrow is going to be lots of little jobs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment