Sunday 4 August 2024

Finished interior trim

 No pics for today, mainly because there isn't anything worth taking a picture of. Not just yet anyway. I've finished all the edge trims for the sides and centre tunnel, they look great but they're held on with masking tape for now. I need to go over all of them with the proper glue.

I did have another look at the handbrake. While a full cover might be very IVA compliant, it is very overkill. Especially if I make it large enough to allow the handbrake to full open. Instead I'm going to leave it as is. According to IVA, anything below the wheel that contacts a 100mm sphere needs to be blunted. So no big radii or padding needed, I just need to make sure the edges are blunted. Which basically means a handful of plastic covers, so back to 3D printed parts. 

I also won't be doing anything more with the dash, apart from covering it. It's strong enough as is and doesn't need to be 'human projectile' strong. 

I did figure out that I need to remove the pedal box. I forgot I'd left the plastic cover in place and now the pedals are jammed against it. I need to take it out and pull back the plastic, then refit it. At the same time I'll fit the pedal travel limiters (if I remember how they were going to work). Oh, and the clutch clevis pin as that isn't in place at the moment. 

I also need to pin the speedo cable to the transmission wall, now that I know where the speedo is. As expected the cable is a lot longer than is needed so I want to make sure I get enough of a gentle bend to get it from the gearbox to the gauge. And I have to do it without it getting in the way of the clutch pedal. 

Then I can fit the fuel pump and filter behind the rear panel, and plumb it up with the fuel lines and tank. And electrics, and front grille, and seat covering, and so on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment