Monday 5 August 2024

IVA covers

 A quick distraction... last night I measured and CAD'ed some nut/bolt covers. While I was working today I've had the 3D printer merrily chugging away, and I think they've come out really well;




Yes, I know they can be bought relatively cheaply, but I always find them a little too tall and bulky. These are as tight as they can be while still preserving the 2.5mm radius. They're quick to print, and I can customise the height to deal with the threaded portion of a fixing. These are just tall enough to cover the head of a bolt, they won't cover the customary '3 exposed threads' required for IVA.

The smallest size works well for the handbrake, so that's that sorted. I want to do a glue on portion for the roll bar brackets, they will fail the exterior projections test at the moment. I can also do the same for the seatbelt bracket, just a simple U channel. It's too tight a radius to use the small clip on stuff I have for the body panels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment