Saturday 10 August 2024

Saturday list of jobs

 While the interior edge trim is gluing, I thought I'd take stock of what was left. I think there's only one full job that hasn't been started yet, the rest have been started. So this is what I have left;

  1. Front of the car wiring. Now the indicators are in place I can get everything wired up to the connector.
  2. Rear of the car wiring. I can do the lighting but the fuel pump supply also needs to be covered in that section of loom. 
  3. Centre of the car wiring. This is mainly the dash and ignition, together with the two items above. Oh, and adding the LEDs and switches that I've not bought yet. 
  4. Engine loom. I want to say that's just plug and play? It won't be that easy though. First thing I need to do is fix the broken injector connector.
  5. Rear hub stud trim. As mentioned before the rear studs are slightly too long for the spacers I'm using so I need to trim the ends down. Not difficult but it is noisy.
  6. Fit drivetrain. I now have everything I need to bolt in the drivetrain.
  7. Gearstick trim. IVA friendly of course. I'm still not sure whether I'm reusing the leather gaiter or not.
  8. Dash trim. Simple covering with leather.
  9. Seat trim. Same again.
  10. Exhaust end. I need to cut the exhaust to fit the body, and cut the body to fit the exhaust. 
  11. Roll bar sand and polish. I've done one brace, I need to do the other brace and the roll bar itself.
  12. Bonnet alignment and close mechanism. As mentioned before the bonnet sides sit lower than I'd like, so I have the adjustable rubber grommets to go on and reprofile the bonnet when it's closed. I also need to add a couple of pieces of aluminium so that when the bonnet shuts the sides are splayed out. 
  13. Radiator grille. The one full job I can think of at the moment. The whole thing needs to be designed, fabricated and fitted. 
  14. Rear fenders. I have the template and process, so shouldn't be difficult to replicate the front. Then I need to attach all four.
Hmm, one a day for 7 weekends... that is nearly doable. I can imagine some of them taking slightly longer than a day, and I can also see some weekends being taken up by other tasks. 

(Later that day) and just like that I got half of one job done, the other brace is now polished. It was actually quite hard work as it had a lot more marks than the first one, it needed some powerfiling with 800 grit to get it sorted. It just needs a clearcoat now but since the weather is all over the place today I can't risk getting it wet. I might crack on with the roll bar just to get the job done. 

(Later that weekend) OK, that's the roll bar sanded and clear coated. It looks how I expected it, not immaculate but 'tidy'. The sort of polish you'd expect on a rally car. So that's item 11 finished. Once it's dry (it's balanced on the car at the moment) I'll carry on with another task. 

Well, actually it's not quite finished. I want to paint the brackets and the base so they look a bit tidier. They'll get covered by 3D printed guards for the most part but it's just an extra layer of protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment