Friday 30 August 2024

Front grille continued

 After a frustrating time with the bonnet locaters, I decided to work on something different just to get some progress. The grille surround was ready to finish cutting and folding, and I'm really happy with the outcome;

It sits well behind the body, it's tight on the edge so it looks like it's meant to be there, and it'll be a great frame for the grille mesh. I've got to do one more fold either side for the mounting tabs, then I can cut and fix the mesh in place. It's plenty sturdy enough with the folds and fixings so it will do well considering the vulnerable position it has at the front of the car.

I then need to think about appropriate curved parts for the side. I can't really visualize it at the moment so it'll be a bit of time with some cardboard to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment