Sunday 18 August 2024

Saturday progress

 First job, radiator grille. Starting with this;


I put some temporary plates either side of the rad to see what they look like;


And some tape to mark the lines;



And this is where a bit pear shaped. It wasn't the middle bit that was the issue, it's the huge voids either side. I need to move it out a bit. I'm just limited by the grille, because it's a 500mm piece of material. So marking that position make things a bit wider. Mocking up some cardboard shows how it would work;

OK, the voids are still quite large but not as bad as it was. Transferring it to paper and including the bottom edge gives me something to work off;


I just need to cut it out of aluminium, then when the grille arrives I can put it all together. I'll leave the sides for now until I have something rigid to work off. 

Oh, and the design has changed a bit, this will fix to the chassis rather than to the body. It just works out a bit stronger than gluing it to the body.

Next, a bit of bling...


Two roll bar trims and the gearshift surround. I do need to do the same job for an exhaust trim. 

So that ticks off item 7, 11 and half of 13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment