Monday 20 July 2015

part 1... complete?

Time to take stock of where I am and plan the next stage.

So far, I have;


  • A basic chassis from square section
  • Front suspension mounts
  • Full front wishbones (painted)
  • Transmission tunnel
  • Diff mounting
  • Rear suspension mounts
  • Full rear wishbones
  • Seat belt anchors
In theory this gives me a rolling chassis, albeit with no floor! Well, it work for Mr Flintstone I guess...

So following the manual, the next things are;

  • Steering wheel mount. This will be a variation of the Haynes one, to take into account the MX5 column.
  • Handbrake mounting. I'm planning on mounting my handbrake under the steering column, similar to the white example. It seems quite tidy and keeps the transmission tunnel clean. This does mean I can't do much until things are built as I don't quite understand how it fixes in place.
  • Steering rack mount. I think I have precut metal to just bend and mount.
  • Radiator mount. Um, might leave this one until I actually have a radiator to mount!
Ooh, then the next thing in the manual is the engine mounts and the floor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment