Sunday 16 June 2019

Engine and body

Today's tasks were;

Engine trial fit
Bodywork trial fit

Engine first. Well, it was meant to be, turns out someone up there decided rain was more important. I tried a few times, even got the engine in the air and almost into the car. But I didn't think rain was going to do the engine or electrics any good so I abandoned it. At least the garage got a bit of a clean!!

The bodywork was a little more successful, mainly because it's waterproof. I wanted to get it fitted to see how much of a gap there was around the panels. The first thing was that the front had to be trimmed. It was designed to fit a range of chassis shapes, so I expected it to need trimming. A quick centre point marking showed that the current cut out was nowhere near the middle, so a minute or so with the jigsaw took care of that!

Once I was able to drop the body down, it was clear that it needed a bit more trimming to fit. No biggie, it's expected. But again, I got fed up of the rain coming and going, so it went back in the garage.

So for the time being the chassis is on it's side, as the garage is intended for another purpose soon. I have a few 3D printing projects that I want to look at, so the first job is to learn Fusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment