Monday 22 April 2024

Weekend work

 It was a half decent weekend weather-wise, so it was nice to wheel the car out on to the drive and work with a bit of space. Although I had to sand the drive bricks first...

Anyhow, the car is now an extra 5 inches higher than it was, and has a nice little ramp to get in and out of the garage. Of course, I still had to jack up each side to get underneath but that's what happens with normal cars anyway!

The 'getting underneath' was for the rivnuts for the body, five across the back and three down each side. They were pretty poor rivnuts unfortunately, no 'feel' for when they had compressed into place and I must have gotten through at least half a dozen nuts and bolts getting them in place. But they're on, and only needed a bit of encouragement to accept the bolts that will hold the body in place.

Ah, the body... I had to hold it up to get the next interior panel sorted, and while it stayed in place it did donate a fair few glass fibres for insertion into my hands!! Still, it's in place and I can now look at cutting the bonnet. The pattern I made wasn't too far off, but I wiped off the mark and made a new one anyway. I guess I'm just putting off cutting the body, but it really has to be done. Maybe tomorrow.

I do need to order some shorter bolts for the body though, I only have excessively long onrs and they're silver. Some domed black ones will look a lot better, along with black penny washers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment