Thursday 1 August 2013

I have a donor!!

Well, I've finally got myself a donor, and a rather nice one to boot. In fact, so nice there was part of me that didn't want to chop it up...


But chopping up will happen, so it's time to start a shopping list. So I will be keeping;

The engine (obviously), gearbox, propshaft, diff, driveshafts, all uprights all brakes, and wheels.
Seats (lovely aged tan leather, should look perfect).
Air vents (chrome surround, the only bit of chrome that I like the look of)
Instruments and switches
Front and rear lights
Full loom and ECU
Pedals with brake cylinder.
Handbrake

I will be selling;

Bumpers (maybe, might be difficult due to the size)
Wing mirrors (£50 average price on Ebay? They're ugly!)
sill covers (nice chrome roadster plates, should get something)
Hood (I was going to try and use it, but it just looks too wide)
Wings, doors and bonnet (again, the size may make it difficult)
Mats (they look really old, but they are v-spec marked so they might have value) Edit: On second thoughts, they won't sell, so bin unfortunately.

I will be binning;
The alarm (blasted thing is a right royal pain in the a$$, and I have a feeling it's going to have damaged the loom unfortunately)
The main body
Boot lid
Carpet (I did think it might sell, but doesn't look like it)

I'll strip the interior first, then work outwards. With any luck I won't have half a car sat on the drive for too long!

I did do a bit of Ebay shopping for things like door cards and stuff, looks like they're a no go on selling so at the very best I'll have to sell the doors as complete and collection only.

No comments:

Post a Comment