Monday 19 August 2013

More suspension

OK, starting to get the locations together.

aksteel92 appear to be the only people who do 33.7mm x 2.6mm, 1 metre for £15.73 (including a tenner P&P!). I can get individual tubes for a pound each, but for around £2 each they get expensive quickly. And this way I can cut them to fit the crush tubes.

10gbottles do the 19mm and 25mm with a total cost of £45.16. However, if I keep all wishbones as 25mm, metals4u do 6 metres of 25mm for £35.40. A tenner cheaper to have thicker top wishbones.

Threaded inserts from Rogue Engineering, M18 x 1.5 in pairs for a tenner each. I'll need six in total, two for the front top adjusters and four for the rear lower adjusters. This will mean I move to using the transit ball joint instead of the BMW one, so I'll have to buy the reamer as well. Still better than trying to find an M14 insert! CW Fasteners appear to sell M18 rod which would suffice as adjusters for the rear (emailed to get a price).

Looks like another £100 just for wishbone metal, and I've not looked at the plate metal yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment