Sunday 8 September 2013

We have lift off!!

Everything stripped off the car, all bolts undone, and engine stand in position;
Take the strain...
And lift...
Rear wheels moved to where the front wheels used to be;
And done!

There was a slight miscalculation with the length, the exhaust hung outside the garage. So a bit more spanner action and the exhaust was off!! It was way too big to reuse, so the scrap man got that one.

So the garage is now full of wanted kit...
As well as unwanted kit...

So it's time to start getting rid of the unwanted bits. Everything went on MX5nutz first, a few nibbles but nobody local who could collect. And none of it can realistically be delivered. Over to Gumtree, and the wing mirrors and soft top have already gone, so that's £100. The panels are still to be sold, so fingers crossed. If not it'll go to Ebay, but I suspect that will be hard work.

Nothing else will happen with the build for now, with all that stuff in the garage I can't move. But I'm off to Ireland for a couple of weeks, so it will just stay there. I hope the empty shell can be removed before I go, I did have one place that wanted scrap metal but when I phoned them I found he'd moved to North Wales. Fingers crossed I find someone to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment