Saturday 19 March 2016

Seats

Time for a big update I think. It's been some time since I last updated this blog, and rather unsurprisingly I've not actually done that much. A big push in the last couple of weeks have got me two big chunks though.

First off, the seats. Fairly easy one this, first a couple of cross bars;


The holes have got welded in crush tubes, and they're actually quite large. It was to match the holes in the seat runners, but I think the standard bolts have a shoulder on a smaller diameter bolt. Ah well, no danger of it failing IVA due to the size of the fixing!

Seat rails are bolted in;


The ends of the rails are actually bent to fit the MX5, they do straighten out to suit a flat mounting but I had to shave a few edges off for the sliders to work.

Passenger seat base in first;


Then the drivers seat, and job done;


The seat bases are compressed on the side, but not excessively. I could leave them, or I could take the leather off, 'rearrange' the base and re-cover them. I might do that anyway as I'd not realised how tall these seats are! I think it's called a 'foamectomy'...

So now the seats are in, I can fit the steering wheel. Next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment