Sunday 8 April 2018

Universally jointed


I had to post a picture of this, it's a remarkable piece of kit. It fits exactly as expected, and with bolt cutouts on both splines and drilled holes on this it'll be nice and secure. Looks like an M8 hole drilled through for a nut and bolt, while a threaded end might have been better I kind of prefer the need to add a nut.

The steering column has been chopped in half and marked for the 60mm lengths that need to be inside the thick wall tube. I've chamfered the ends slightly so it should be easy to fit. I'll then cross drill the tube and add some puddle welds as well as welding the end.

I've also done a red oxide coat on the rear suspension parts, they'll need a second coat then gold hammerite. The pedal box gets the same red oxide base but with a black top coat (it'll be deep in the foot well so no need for anything flashy). Time to get back on to the list and see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment