Sunday 22 September 2019

Clearance around the engine

The other side of getting the engine in is to see how much clearance around the engine is available. This is quite critical as I don't want to be fitting pipes and other stuff where the engine goes. Fortunately, it looks like there's plenty of clearance all round;















In fact, the only slight issue will be the clutch master cylinder. It's a bit tight. But then again, so is the Saturn picture example, with the pipe from master to slave being about three inches long! With a bit of lateral thinking I could convert it to a manual clutch very easily... I won't, but I could.

The other main tight point is where the gear shift is;



But even that isn't that tight. The pipes and electrics have to come below the cross bar anyway, then the fixings are vertical so I can put them in any combination and they'll work fine.

I do need to figure out that reverse switch, every picture I look at with it in shows that it's awfully tight.

Well, that is it for this weekend. My back, arms and legs are absolutely worn out so this write up is the only 'car' time I'll be doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment