Sunday 15 September 2019

Jobs list

I don't like doing these as it makes me realise how much work is still to go, but it's got to be done.

In no particular order;
  • Fuel tank mounting bracket. Normally there is a full frame behind the car for the rear panel, in my case the rear panel is all fibreglass. Without the full frame I still need something for the fuel tank, so I'll take part of the frame where it supports the tank. Problem is, this makes the car longer than my garage... I'll have a think what to do here.
  • Whilst I remember, the fuel lines will need to be routed. But that will go along with the brake brackets and wiring loom within the transmission tunnel. And I need to buy the fuel line too. And connectors.
  • Handbrake mounting. This is going underneath the steering wheel, which does reduce leg room but it also keeps it off the centre tunnel which is what I want. The equivalent plates are CP12 and 13 (P47) so I'll adapt those to fit.
  • Brake lines. This is another big block of work consisting of;
    • Brake line supports on each corner (P51).
    • Finish welding on the tabs all along the inside of the tunnel.
    • 3D print pipe brackets (or go for P clips).
    • Hard brake pipe fitting.
    • Handbrake cables. I need to check what's needed here, particularly as I'm moving the handbrake. From memory there are two cables from each caliper, that come together in a 'balance bar' arrangement that goes to the handbrake. 
  • Engine mounts. This needs the engine fitting for position, which in turn needs a full day and some dry weather. Fingers crossed for a warm winter here...
  • Pedal box tidying. This is mostly built, but it needs a couple more fixings and needs a bit of loosening up. From memory it only just fits, even the application of paint stops it going on easy. I'll need to get this working better if I have any hope of fitting it with everything else in place.
  • Check the steering rack for fit. I have brackets for the rack, I just need to find out if they go on ok. 
  • Fuel tank straps. No issues here, just a couple of 1mm steel straps that are folded as required. I'll need the mounting bracket done first though.
  • Scuttle panel. This needs the bodywork fitting to see what gap is to be filled.
  • Electrics. Erm... yeah. Lots of. Spaghetti. The wiring loom is still in a carrier bag and needs to be laid out and routed. It's not complicated, but it will be fiddly and time consuming. Oh, and I think I'll need to buy some lights! I have some from the donor, but not a full set.
  • Seat modifications. As mentioned earlier, the seats don't currently fit so I need to modify the seats. 
  • Body fit. Big job here, as with the engine fit it'll be an outside job that could take a day or so. Trial fit the bodywork, make brackets as required, fit the bodywork, rinse and repeat as required.

Oh... that isn't as much stuff as I had expected!!

No comments:

Post a Comment