Saturday 8 May 2021

Front pipes done

 Now I had an idea of what flares I need for the pipe, I could make a start. And it's gone really well if I say so myself...




The brackets worked really well, and once everything had been tightened the pipes are absolutely solid. I'm tempted to add some brackets between the pipes, and maybe wrap the pipes with tape where they sit inside the brackets. There's enough of a gap between the pipes and the chassis. Unfortunately the steering column had other ideas, so I had to do this;


This gives an inch or so all round the steering column. So it's on to the rears next. 

Just one last point before I head back into the garage. Everything I've done on the car has been done in segments, then I take the parts off and store them. This means that 'conflicts' such as the column above are very likely. Just off the top of my head I'm thinking the diff and the fuel tank will have fixings that need to occupy the same point in space and time.

If I had built everything on the chassis and left it there it would avoid conflicts, but the work would have been a great deal harder. I guess I've made the right call to do things in parts, I just need to manage the conflict as it arises. Oh no, I sound like middle management...



No comments:

Post a Comment