Monday 10 May 2021

Rear pipes done

The rear pipes were a bit easier. The only worrying bit was the first bit, if I had got that wrong I wouldn't have had enough to finish the job. Fortunately I just worked smoothly from front to back. This is the front part with the clutch cylinder and steering column in place.


The brackets down the transmission tunnel did their job, it made it easy to secure things in place.


And the rear pipes were really easy, very short and only the frame to avoid. They weren't even long enough to warrant fixing, but I added one to the left hand side just in case.

Talking of fixings, I think I need to add a couple more where the rear pipe goes vertical against the firewall. It can move up and down at the moment which won't go down well with the inspector. I just need to add ones on the bends to make sure.

Next job is the handbrake. The two rear cables come from the calipers and head towards the tunnel. I need to change the fixing brackets on both of those to bolt them to the chassis. They'll then come together into the balance bar which needs mounting in the tunnel. It'll need extending all the way down the tunnel to some sort of mechanism to turn it round into the handbrake. Sounds relatively simple as long as I do each section in turn.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment