Sunday 11 June 2023

Boot positioning

 One thing that occurred to me was that the boot lid is a separate piece, so in theory I could check it's location and see what would need to be cut. As I took it out of the shed I could clearly see it was wider than the support tubes, so at first glance it suggested I would need to cut the boot lid (or even have it non-functional). But then I went back to old photos;


This shows that the fuel tank is just short of the boot lid (actually this picture is prior to the platform being made so the boot lid and fuel tank most likely line up). So I had a go at putting the boot lid in the correct position;




It turns out that while the width is clearly enough to interfere with the support tubes, the distance rearwards is enough to ensure the support tubes are going through bodywork and not the boot. That is further confirmed by the bodywork length being 18 inches from behind the seats to the boot lid. Checking that against the positioning of the boot lid suggests it's 'about right'.

My only concern now is that the bodywork may actually line up exactly with the cross bar on the roll hoop. So instead of simply cutting a couple of notches out of the bodywork, I may have to take an entire section out. Of course, that might mean that the cross bar also serves as a terminator and a support for the rear section, then I'll just need to add some trim between the bar and the chassis. Hmm, that actually might work out better, I had been wondering what to do with that rear lip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment