Monday 12 June 2023

To do list June 2023

 I've had a look and it had been three years since this list was first done, Covid had a lot to answer for but I'm hoping to catch up again now. So here's the list with comments;

  • Finish off BR10 cut. It's just a raw end from where I had to cut it off to fit the engine, I need to smooth and cap it. Still to be capped, but as with the next one I want to go all over the chassis and finish it. Even working on the back end I found two other tubes open that need capping. 
  • Other weld finishing. Just a quick sanity check once the chassis is open. To be done.
  • Handbrake mount. I still want to put it under the steering wheel, I like the idea of it being hidden but I've no idea how to do it! I know where it's going and it's already been tested, it won't be under the steering wheel but it will be tucked away.
  • Gas pedal mounting and linkage. Done, but....
  • Clutch and brake pedal limit stops. All three pedals need limit stops in both directions.
  • Seat belt reel mounting. I figured they should be mounted in the inside but they still need to meet all three points without touching the car seat. Yep, I know where it's all going so I can weld up the brackets required. 
  • Radiator mount. I don't actually have a radiator yet so that might be a delayed job. Ah, I still need a radiator. Best go shopping, or at least go junkyard hunting. A quick Google suggests 310-350 tall, and 435-465 wide. I need to measure the MX5 fan cowl though, I would prefer it to match that if possible. 
  • Roll cage. Still not sure what I'm doing here. 99% done. 
  • Exhaust. This will be after the bodywork fitting. This will be a big job, but the engine isn't in yet.
  • Oh yeah, bodywork fitting. This needs to include;
    • Outriggers on the chassis. Side ones done, rear to be done.
    • Mount points on the chassis. I think just the front and rear lips, but it does require curves. 
    • Hinges for the front section. Yep, to be done. 
    • Trimming the panels to suit. Mainly from the top of the chassis sides to the side of the body tub. I'm thinking aluminium rivetted to the tub and screwed to the chassis. 
    • Painting the chassis once completed. Long way off for this one!
  • Propshaft resize. I think it needs shortening, but I can't measure it without the diff and engine being in place. It does need shortening, but engine in place is needed first. 
  • Fuel tank mounting brackets and straps. Strap metal is waiting in the garage to be bent into shape.
  • Fuel lines. Ah yes, I need to buy a few metres.
  • Scuttle panel. Interesting, I'd not really thought about this. Perhaps something to consider when the tub is in position on it's brackets.
  • Windscreen (maybe? Not yet though). Nope, not for IVA. 
  • Brake pipes (solid and flexi). Done and done.
  • Wiring loom. OK, I've put it off for so long, but I think that is the next big job. Stripped and taped up, no idea whether it'll work though!!
  • Dashboard and battery mount. That's a couple of interesting ones, again probably more for when the bodywork is in place.
  • Drive it away. Yeah whatever!!
I think engine install has got to be the next big job, closely followed by the bodywork and then the front end fitting with hinges. Oh, and shopping list for lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment