Monday 11 December 2023

Fuel lines and change of plan

 Today's job was fuelling, which should have been a basic job by all accounts. OK, getting the fuel lines connected to the engine was a bit of a challenge, but I managed to get the old pipe removed and the new pipes on there.

I then started feeding the pipe down the transmission tunnel, and that's where it got a bit 'challenging'. The first thing was that the pipes are thick, and it's difficult to feed them through. Second was that the brake pipe needs to be there. That makes it even more challenging.

But the biggest issue was one where I basically get the engine permanently stuck because I can't disconnect the fuel! I thought I was being clever by keeping the minimum number of connections, but it does mean that if I wanted to remove the engine I'd have to remove the fuel lines from the fuel rail, and it's not an easy job.

So change of plan. I'm going to go for rigid lines down the transmission tunnel. I'll use the fuel hose from the engine to the copper line, just in front of the bulkhead. Then solid down the centre, and back to rubber hoses to get to the tank, filter and pump. 

I now have some copper fuel line and some clamps on their way, once they arrive I'll finish the fuel. Tomorrow will be back to the body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment