Monday 29 January 2024

Fuel lines

 I've just realised I didn't post about the fuel lines! I hinted at what approach I was going to take, IE flexi lines to the back of the engine bay, then hard lines the length of the car, back to flexi near the fuel tank.

Here's the hard lines, starting at the engine bay;


I need to cut the ends shorter and spread them apart to allow the flexi hose to attach. From here they go down the side of the transmission tunnel;


Now they're at the bottom they are clear of everything;


They are mostly accessible from underneath, although I might redo the bolts from the other direction. I think some of them have the bolt trying to come through a panel!!

Once they're at the back, they're back up to get close to the tank;


Again the tails are only lightly in position here, they need to be split up to allow the flexi hose clamps to be mounted. I might even bend them vertically so I'm not interfering with the rear brake line which is also right there. 

They're fixed at maybe four points, but they are not budging at all. It does make me wonder whether they brake pipes need sturdier fixings as they move about far more than the fuel pipes do. I think I was going to use some adhesive sponge wrap on the brake pipe fixings so they don't slide about as much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment