Sunday 4 February 2024

Interior finished

 I managed to get the last couple of panels done this weekend, so now the entire interior is made of aluminium. 





I'm really happy with how it's come out, it just needs some angle trim on the sharpest edges to finish it off. Once it's all rivetted and glued in place, and the backing sheets have been removed, I'll be left with an all aluminium interior which will look amazing. Of course, it's going to be red hot after a few hours in the sun, but I'll deal with that if we ever see that much sun in the UK again!!

I do need to check my rivet stock though. I'm 99% sure I don't have enough of the original rivets to do all these panels, and I'm fairly sure some of the overlapped panels are going to need longer rivets. I think I also need some more rivnuts for removable panels, as well as the domed head screws to use with the rivnuts. Still, I have a hardware audit planned in the near future so I'll see how many rivets/rivnuts/screws I'm short of.

This was a big block of work and I'm glad it's finished. It also means that I can finalise the fibreglass bodywork, as well as mounting the battery and the coolant bottle in the engine bay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment