Wednesday 21 February 2024

Wiring

 Right, time to start this one with a digression. Remember that comment about finding right angle trim? Turns out we have some left over from our bathroom refit, a right angle aluminium trim that will work perfectly. So that's that.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, wiring. Now that I know what I'm using (or more importantly not using) I had another go at the wiring loom. I wanted to separate out lighting and engine, as well as bin audio wires, excessive earths, that sort of thing. After a full weekend I managed to trim it down by about half, as well as have separate wires ready for the lights. I've also ordered some connectors for the individual lights so I can remove the wiring from the body.

However I did find some wires that couldn't be traced or identified, so this will be a list of all the wires along with comments and (hopefully) an identifier. So straight on with the photos;

white blue comes from the headlight connector

red green to stop fuse for horn and brakes

red white to headlight switch

green black and green white are indicators left/right. These wires are for the telltale on the dash



back of flasher relay, same green white right and green black left


Rear loom indicators, again green white right, green black left

These two connectors are door connectors, speaker and window winder. Both removed.



red black for side lights going to the dashboard loom

red black for side lights going to fuse box

white yellow going to a power feed, but not connected so not sure what it's powering


No comments:

Post a Comment