Sunday 4 February 2024

To do list February 2024

 Hopefully this will be a lot more items ticked off this time, but lets see what to be done;

  • Tube capping. There's not as many as there were but there will be at least some. Along the same lines I remember seeing some welds that need tidying up or redoing, then I'll go back over it with primer.
  • Handbrake. Now the panels are finished I can get this done, it will still need some ironwork but hopefully not much. 
  • Pedals. The clutch needs to be plumbed in, with the engine it's pretty straightforward to create the line. I did check the clutch arm though, for some reason mine is clear but I do know other MX5 builds there's been problems. And staying with the pedals, they still need their limit stops.
  • Seat belts. All done, fully tested and ready to be bolted in once the panels are rivetted in.
  • Radiator. Radiator and fan mount in place and ready to go. It now needs the coolant bottle fitted, then the handful of pipes to plumb it all together. In terms of pipes I think it will be;
    • Radiator (32mm) to water pump at the front of the engine (31mm).
    • Other radiator end (32mm) to the far end of the engine coolant loop (31mm).
    • Heater matrix loop (17.5mm) with a T piece off to the coolant tank (16mm). 
    • Overflow feed (8mm) to 'somewhere'. Really it should go to the highest point to allow air out. I suspect it's going to need to come off the top of the front hose. I can see a fair few 32mm/8mm tee pieces on Ebay though so I'll grab one of them.
  • Roll cage. All done.
  • Exhaust. Mostly done. The brackets need a final weld, and I need to weld on the 90 degree end piece so it exits out the side of the body.
  • Propshaft resize. I'm going to get this sent off and machined down, the prices were very similar but I'd have preferred to be able to take it myself rather than post it somewhere. 
  • Fuel tank mounting brackets. Done.
  • Fuel lines. Done. Er, actually, not quite. The hard lines are done but I still need to mount the fuel pump and filler, then connect them up with the flexi hoses. Then the same at the engine end. 
  • Scuttle panel. Done.
  • Windscreen. Not doing.
  • Brake pipes. Done.
  • Wiring loom. Hmm, next big job?
  • Engine ECU. I think this will mount on the scuttle, although the MK HSR has it mounted on one of the chassis tubes. It'll depend on the wiring.
  • Battery mount. Yes I can do this now.
  • Dashboard. I need the body in place for this. 
  • Engine servicing. This will be almost a pleasant job after all the work I've done so far!
  • Bolting up. I need to audit my fixings, I think I'm short of a few long bolts which I'll need to order. 

So the next jobs will be battery mount, coolant bottle mount and clutch pipe. I also need to order coolant pipes and the lighting set that I found a while back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment