Monday 12 February 2024

Shopping list

 Time to get this written down, I've taken so many notes and contradicted myself so many times, if I get a master list down then I can remember what I need to get. Hopefully this will all be from car builder solutions so one big order and avoid postage costs!

  1. Japanese battery terminals. BTERS, £9.60.
  2. 16mm link water pipe for heater matrix. HTHO15 £6.00 per metre (1 metre)
  3. 16mm T joint for connecting to expansion tank. TEE15. £4.20
  4. 32mm water pipe from rad to engine x 2. HOS32A £15.60 per metre (2 metres)
  5. 32mm 90 degree bend. HSH9032 £4.50.
  6. 32mm joiner SJ7 £6.60.
  7. 8mm pipe from overflow to expansion tank return. RPVC8BK. £2.40 per metre (2 metres)
  8. Air filter. SSFIL2 £14.40.
  9. Breather filter for cam cover. BFIL15 £10.80.
  10. Reverse light REVL3 £9.60.
  11. Fog light FL3F £16.80.
  12. Reducer for the air intake. SJ3 £4.80.
  13. Two 9 pin connectors for front and back. RPMUL9 £4.80 each (2 needed). 
  14. Chrome wing mirrors M23F £29.40. (A bit expensive but a decent match for real ones)
  15. Rear reflectors. RR29 £2.40.
The '32mm with 8mm T piece for overflow tap. TEE328 £24.00. ' has been replaced by an Ebay part for £15.50, it's got an angled T piece and just under a tenner cheaper so can't go wrong really. They haven't got an equivalent 16mm T joint, but I doubt I could find cheaper than the above anyway.

Lights appear to be cheaper on Ebay too, a set of Landrover Defender lights (four indicator, two side and two stop/tail) are £31.80, rather than £50 from CBS. They're now on their way. 

For air intake, I have a Tee silicone hose; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203279942439. 70mm both ends to go into the throttle body and AFM, with a 25mm tap. I need to get down from 25mm to 18mm. There is a reducer for 16/19 through to 25/22 which should do the job (added to the shopping list). 

The hoses are quite common on Ebay but none are cheaper than here. Fog and reverse lights could probably be found but the IVA marks are important so I don't want to mess around with possible IVA failures. Several hundred pounds for a retest, vs a few pounds saving for an 'Ebay special'. 

Now for jubilee clips. For the air filter I'll use a banding kit off Ebay, £4.50. For the others I need;

  • 6 22mm clamps for the heater matrix and T piece.
  • 6 39mm clamps for the radiator pipes (including the joiner). 
  • 2 13.5mm clamps for the overflow pipe. 
  • 27mm and 31mm for the idle air bypass.
Turns out that screwfix have a box of 60 hose clips that will cover all the options above, as well as the air filter requirements so that banding kit may not actually get used!! 

I also need two multipin connectors. Assuming one single ground for them all, on the front there are;

  • BLK ground.
  • RED-WHT and RED-BLK to both headlights.
  • GRN-BLK for right indicator
  • GRN-WHT for left indicator
  •  RED-BLK to both sidelights. 
That's six pins total. Side indicators will loop off the main indicators so don't need a separate connector. 

On the rear, again assuming one ground;

  • BLK ground. 
  • RED-BLK to both tail lights and licence plate light.
  • RED-GRN Reverse light
  • ??? for fog light (fog lights aren't OEM, so while I know there is a wire, I don't know the colour)
  • GRN for stop lights
  • GRN-BLK for right indicator
  • GRN-WHT for left indicator
So seven pins at the back. Looks like I'm back to my original choice of nine pin lockable from CBS. That gives me the option of running the headlights on different wires, just in case they're a bit much for the wiring. 

I still need edge trim for along the doors and transmission tunnel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment