Tuesday 15 July 2014

Rear suspension

I keep putting it off because I just know it's going to be a nightmare. The whole thing is going to be a mishmash of all books, and plenty of scope for mistakes. I'm even changing the upper wishbone completely, just to make it fit better and get the loads flowing in the right directions.

So, first thing, mount the diff. And it's not a light diff either;


At least I'm going back to the gym so getting in and out is getting easier!! By the way, it probably looks a bit different to a standard diff, it's got the Talon diff cover, then two coats of red oxide primer, then two coats of satin black top coat.

I should actually mention that nothing on my car will be powdercoated, I do like the look of it but I've come to the conclusion that whatever I do, it's going to need repairing, and powdercoat doesn't repair!

So, first step, lower and upper braces for the diff;


(upper to be added, erm, when I get round to fitting it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment