Monday 1 January 2018

Two down, one to go (ish)


Well, there you go. Two pedals mounted on the back plate...

So a few things spring to mind. The plates were a good choice, the thing is rock solid. If I can finish the top and bottom bolts then there will be no flex at all. On the flip side, the welding was awful. Good penetration (pretty patterns showing through the other side), but so ugly it needs cleaning up.

But the main issue is the clutch pedal. I had hoped to retain the angle of the arm to keep the master cylinder out of the way of the engine. But having it in the right place actually has the two MC's in the same place. So I had to move the pedal 20mm to the left, which means the foot plate itself is right against the side of the foot well. Unless I want to spend all my time pressing the clutch with the side of my foot, it needs to be moved.

Tomorrow I'll cut off the plate (again!!) and reweld it in a better place.

But thankfully the brake pedal sits underneath the steering column absolutely perfectly, so I'm well happy with that. And plenty of space for the gas pedal, which will hang from above.

Hmmm, I need a shoe to measure...

Here's to getting the car finished this year! Well, at least moving under it's own steam, actually getting it finished is in the hands of VOSA and DVLA so that could be any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment