Monday 1 January 2018

Fixed pedals and new holes

Quite a productive hour today;


The clutch pedal has been straightened and welded up so it sits in between the brake pedal and the transmission wall. The hole has been cut for the brake master cylinder, and I've positioned the gas pedal for fitting tomorrow. 

The gas pedal should be even easier than I expected;


Basically I need to make two brackets off the cross member to hold the spring where I've clamped it. It did occur to me that the cable mount is at an odd angle, but it can be quite easily bent to shape. 

The clutch master cylinder is on order, so I'll wait for it to appear before cutting the clutch holes. Then I need to make stops for all three pedals. Bent pieces of metal work for the manual, so I'll do the same!!

Then I need to figure out how to bolt the entire unit to the chassis, shouldn't be too difficult but I want to make sure it's reinforced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment