Friday 24 July 2020

Loom cleanup 2


Second one done, this is the rear loom. The main parts out of this was related to the rear windscreen, big power cables for the heated screen. It's so long though, I appreciate it needs to get to the rear of the car, across and then back in again, but it is so long!

This is what came out. It did tidy up after this though, a few coils of decent wire that I can reuse elsewhere.

The crimping tool has arrived, and it seems to provide a decently strong connection. Time to rebuild the ignition cable next. I don't know whether to redo the main loom though, there's quite a lot of it and I'm not sure what needs to be removed. It also runs the ECU, engine sensors, all that important stuff. I'll check the connectors to see how many wires can come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment