Saturday 11 July 2020

To-do list July 2020.

OK, I have the 'build your own sports car on a budget' book, and it's time to go through and see what's left...

  • Finish off BR10 cut. It's just a raw end from where I had to cut it off to fit the engine, I need to smooth and cap it.
  • Other weld finishing. Just a quick sanity check once the chassis is open. 
  • Handbrake mount. I still want to put it under the steering wheel, I like the idea of it being hidden but I've no idea how to do it!
  • Gas pedal mounting and linkage.
  • Clutch and brake pedal limit stops.
  • Seat belt reel mounting. I figured they should be mounted in the inside but they still need to meet all three points without touching the car seat.
  • Radiator mount. I don't actually have a radiator yet so that might be a delayed job.
  • Roll cage. Still not sure what I'm doing here.
  • Exhaust. This will be after the bodywork fitting.
  • Oh yeah, bodywork fitting. This needs to include;
    • Outriggers on the chassis. 
    • Mount points on the chassis.
    • Hinges for the front section.
    • Trimming the panels to suit.
    • Painting the chassis once completed.
  • Propshaft resize. I think it needs shortening, but I can't measure it without the diff and engine being in place.
  • Fuel tank mounting brackets and straps. 
  • Fuel lines.
  • Scuttle panel. 
  • Windscreen (maybe? Not yet though).
  • Brake pipes (solid and flexi).
  • Wiring loom. OK, I've put it off for so long, but I think that is the next big job.
  • Dashboard and battery mount. 
  • Drive it away.
OK, so the construction is very nearly done. I think it's time to look at the wiring loom...

No comments:

Post a Comment