Monday 8 May 2023

Seat belts

 When I was putting the seats in, my attention came back to the seat belts, in particular the buckles. The Mark 1 are on a large stalk and wouldn't be suitable. I bought some mark 2 buckles off Ebay, I had 'lost' them but managed to find them in my tool box.

Unfortunately while they are shorted than the mark 1, they're actually so short that they interfere with the seat! So they're not suitable. Back to the mark 1 buckles.

I did notice that the buckle was covered in a hard plastic with a metal support bar. I realised that if I remove the plastic and the bar it becomes a regular buckle. This picture shows what I'm working with;


The far right is the mark 2 belt, originally it looks like a good idea but turns out it's not. The far left is the original mark 1 with a plastic shell keeping it stiff. The centre is the one I'm going to use, it has a suitable length of webbing so that it doesn't interfere with the seat, but it also means that it's floppy enough to work as a seat belt. The buckle should sit roughly at the hip depending on where the seat is positioned. 

So that means at the end of the weekend I have;

1. Seats on working seat rails.

2. A roll bar ready to be measured and ordered.

3. Seat belts ready to be bolted in place (although the top seat mounting needs the roll bar). 

There's a few details to be finished up, then I can get the foam and cover on to the seats. 

Next big job, engine fit and propshaft measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment