Monday 8 May 2023

Seat mounting rails

 Another job finished up this weekend was the chassis mounting rails. This was a pain because it wasn't until I tried to fit the drivers door that I realised they're not matching! The passenger seat went in ok, and it works;



I put the aluminium panels in just to make sure it all moved correctly without binding. It does go back far enough to touch the seat belt reel but it doesn't stop the mechanism from working. I could also put a stop on the rail if needed. 

The drivers side went in and I immediately realised there wasn't enough tension on the seat rail wire. Only one side would release. So I had to reposition the drivers side rail, but eventually I got them both fixed in place;


The seat bases need to be fixed in place, and the nuts need to be welded in place. Once I have the foam and covers on I'll only be able to get to one side, so I need to weld those nuts on. To bolt the seats to the car I have access top and bottom so don't need to weld them in place. 

This did present a problem though, there is very little clearance on either side. The seat belt locks won't fit...


No comments:

Post a Comment