Tuesday 31 October 2023

Body support frame

 I've completed three sides of the support frame...



It wasn't overly difficult. The front came first as I had that curve already on a template. A series of slots and bends got me close to the body. The sides were trickier, I got the X direction sorted first then the Z direction. It seems to give good support along it's length although I'm tempted to try find some fairly stiff foam to fill the gaps. 

And this is where I stopped... As I was doing the rear support I had a couple of choices of where to route it, and I think both will interfere with the roll bar. So what I want to do next is get the body on to the chassis and mount the roll bar. At the same time I'll figure out the vertical sections for this frame and refine the bonnet verticals. So I need a dry day, which judging by the forecast I'm going to really struggle with! 

So again I consider this 'finished', albeit with a few last tasks to finish. My exhaust parts arrived yesterday so I've got that on my task list now; 



I also have the fuel hose and some fuel clips, as well as a filter an pump. That's all to fit and plumb in. Oh, and the service kit for the engine, so I can sort the engine out. 

I also need to have another go at the handbrake, I put that one off until the body was on and I might have to do the same again. So yet another job to do with the body in place. If only it wasn't so large I could managed with it being on and in the garage, as it is I have to keep things separate in order to close the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment