Thursday 12 October 2023

Front end

 Oh I do like the look for the front of the car...



It's the first time in a long time where I've seen the front end out of the shed, and while it's picked up a few scrapes and dents it still shows what it could be.

The main reason for getting it out though is to confirm the radiator position, and that seems to look fine;

Which it does quite nicely. It also gives me the opportunity to fill in the voids either side like I wanted to, following this style of car;


Obviously it's only going to be in the 'spirit' of how that car looks, but I think I can get it quite close. 

Next job is to get the outriggers and hinges sorted for the bonnet. And for that I need a wheel back on. 

(Edit) Oh, and this final picture does show that I'm about seventeen shades too light with my green!! No matter, I can sort that when I come to painting, at least having the green gelcoat as the undercoat will give me a fair chance of getting to that nice deep green colour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment